OUR PROCEDURE

Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty Treatment in Frisco, TX




Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty in Frisco, TX

Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty in Frisco, TX
Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty in Frisco, TX

Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty Treatment in Frisco, TX: If you’re overweight and you have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 and above, and you have tried dieting and exercise but didn’t lose weight, you should consider having endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty.

What Is Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty?

Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG) is a non-surgical weight loss procedure whereby sutures are deposited into the stomach to shrink the stomach and reduce its size. The procedure limits the amount of food that your stomach can take, thereby reducing the number of calories absorbed by your body from the food you eat. The drastic reduction in calories absorbed by your body leads to weight loss. ESG is an alternative weight loss procedure for bariatric surgeries.

The sutures deposited into your stomach reduce the size of your stomach by up to 75%, leaving only 25% of your stomach for food intake. This drastic reduction in your stomach size significantly reduces the amount of food that you’re able to eat. You can only eat small portions of food and get full.

ESG is an ideal weight loss procedure for individuals with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 and above.

How Does Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty Work in Frisco, TX?

Absorption of calories from the foods you eat is what leads to weight gain. The more you eat foods that contain fat and calories, the more calories your body absorbs, and the more you gain weight.

Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty works by limiting the amount of foods that you eat, thereby reducing the amount of calories that your body absorbs. By drastically reducing the calories absorbed by your body, you will start to experience weight loss over time. It drastically reduces the size of your stomach so that you can only eat a little portion of food at a time. It also reduces your hunger hormone so that you don’t feel hungry too often.

ESG works best when combined with healthy lifestyle practices such as eating healthy foods that don’t contain fats and calories, and regular exercise.

If after having ESG you still continue eating foods that contain fats and calories, and you don’t engage in exercise, you’ll most likely not lose weight.

Benefits of Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG)

  • ESG does not involve cutting your skin. There are no incisions made on your abdomen or any other parts of your body. Since no incision is made, there is no scar on your skin after the procedure.
  • ESG doesn’t require extensive downtime. You can go back home that same day after the procedure. You don’t need to remain in the hospital for days like in the case of bariatric surgery. You can continue with your normal daily activities or resume work in 2-3 days.
  • ESG provides significant weight loss within a relatively short period of time. You can lose up to 15-20% of your total body weight within a year after having an ESG procedure.
  • Risks and complications associated with ESG are relatively lower when compared with bariatric surgery. The estimated associated risk with ESG is 1% while the estimated associated risk with bariatric surgery is 8%.

What are ESG Results?

ESG requires commitment if you want to get excellent weight loss results. To lose significant weight, you need to adhere to healthy lifestyle practices by making permanent changes to your diet and engaging in regular exercise.

You need to avoid every kind of food and drink that contain fats, sugar, and calories.

You should experience a drastic weight loss within the first 6 months if you adhere to all healthy lifestyle practices.

Typically, you can expect to lose about 12% to 20% of your total body weight in a year if you follow all healthy lifestyle practices and guidelines.

A study conducted on individuals who had endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty showed these results:

Individuals with an average BMI of 38 were able to lose an average weight of 17.8kg after the first 6 months while they lost an average weight of 19kg after 12 months.

Individuals with an average BMI of 45 were able to lose an average weight of 33kg within the first 6 months.

Am I A Candidate for Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty in Frisco, TX?

You’re a candidate for ESG if;

Your BMI is 30 and above and you also have weight-associated health issues such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, stroke, sleep apnea, and cardiovascular diseases.

  • Your BMI is over 35 and you’re 100 pounds or more.
  • You have not had any surgery on your stomach before.
  • You don’t have gastrointestinal bleeding or a history of gastrointestinal blessing.
  • Your weight is affecting your health.
  • You have tried dieting and exercising to reduce your weight but they didn’t work.
  • You do not want to undergo invasive surgeries that will create scars on your body.
  • You are 18 years old and above, and overweight.

How is endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty performed?

How is endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty performed?

Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty is done using an endoscope (a tiny flexible tube). A tiny camera is attached to the tip of the tube to allow the specialist to see the inside of your stomach.

Before the ESG procedure commences, you will first be placed under general anesthesia to make you sleep throughout the procedure. This will prevent you from feeling pain or discomfort throughout the procedure.

When you’re asleep, the specialist will insert an endoscope through your throat down to your stomach. About 12 sutures will be placed inside your stomach. The sutures shrink your stomach to reduce its size. Your stomach will then take a banana or a tube-like shape. The sutures reduce the size of your stomach by about 75%, leaving only 25% for food intake.

Cost of Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty in Frisco, TX

The total cost of ESG is the sum of all the expenses and charges made in the course of the procedure. The cost includes surgeon charges, anesthetist’s charges, facility charges, drug prescriptions and other expenses made during the course of the procedure. The cost of ESG in Frisco, Texas ranges from $10,000 to $15,000.

Life after Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG)

ESG helps to improve your quality of life by helping you lose excess weight. Many weight-related health issues including type 2 diabetes, stroke, sleep apnea, and cardiovascular diseases can negatively affect your health and quality of life. ESG helps to address these weight-related health issues by drastically reducing your body weight so you can become healthier. You can live a happier and healthier life after having ESG.

FAQS

What is the recovery time from endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?

ESG is an outpatient procedure. Downtime is minimal. Most patients return to work and resume normal daily activities within 1-3 days after the procedure. There are no incisions made. Hence, you don’t need to remain at home for days or weeks to recover. Changes will be made to your diet. You can only eat liquid foods within 1-2 weeks after the procedure. After 2 weeks, you can move to semi-solid foods and then to solid foods in the 4th week.

What are the advantages of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?

  • ESG is a non-surgical weight loss procedure. It involves placing sutures in the stomach to shrink and reduce the size of the stomach.
  • ESG can reduce the size of your stomach by up to 75%, leaving only 25% for food intake.
  • ESG does not involve incision; hence there is no scar on your skin after the procedure.
  • It is an outpatient procedure.
  • Patients recover quickly after ESG procedure. You can resume work and start your normal daily activities 2-3 days after the procedure.
  • Results from ESG have been great. You can expect to lose 15-20% of your excess body weight within a year.
  • The cost of ESG is generally lower than the cost of bariatric surgeries.
  • Complications from ESG are relatively lower than from bariatric surgery. There has been no record of severe risks or complications since its inception.

How long does the endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty last?

Results from ESG can be long-lasting and even permanent if you adhere to healthy lifestyle practices by eating healthy diets that don’t contain fats and calories and also engage in regular exercise.

What are the restrictions after endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?

For the first 4 weeks, you will be given a special diet regimen to follow. You can only take liquid diets within the first 2 weeks. You will then move the semi-solids in the 3rds week and then to regular diets in the 4th week.

Avoid any kind of food or drink that contains calories. Avoid alcohol for the first 6 months.

How should I sleep after endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?

Sleeping on your back is the best way to sleep until full recovery.

What happens to the stomach after ESG?

ESG reduces the size of your stomach by up to 75%. The sutures shrink the walls of your stomach; thereby making your stomach take the form of a banana or tube. It drastically reduces the size of your stomach, leaving only about 25% for food intake.

How do you feel after ESG?

After ESG, most patients experience nausea due to general anesthesia administered to them. You may also experience some cramping in the first 3 days.

How fast do you lose weight with ESG?

If you adhere to healthy lifestyle practices, you can expect to lose weight within 6 months. Most people lose 15 to 20 percent of their total body weight within the first year after the procedure.

How long does it take the stomach to heal after ESG?

It typically takes around 2-6 weeks for the stomach to heal after an endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG). This will depend on the individual, however, and some people may experience a longer or shorter healing time. During this period, it is important to follow the recommended diet and lifestyle changes to help promote healing and prevent any complications. After the stomach has healed, you can expect to see significant weight loss and improvements in your overall health.

Is ESG permanent?

ESG is not permanent, but it can last for many years. The results of the procedure depend on the individual’s skin type, age, and how well they take care of their skin.

What should I eat after the ESG procedure?

After you’ve had an ESG procedure, it’s important to eat a healthy diet to help your body heal. Here are some suggestions for what to eat after ESG procedure:

  • Protein: Protein is important for healing and repair. Good sources of protein include lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy products.
  • fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are packed with nutrients that can help your body heal.
  • whole grains: Whole grains provide your body with energy and help to regulate your digestion.
  • water: Water is essential for all bodily functions and is especially important after a procedure to help your body heal.

How long has the ESG procedure been around?

ESG procedure, or endoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, is a minimally invasive weight loss procedure that has been around for several years. This type of procedure is usually an option for people who are significantly overweight and have not been able to lose weight through other means, such as diet and exercise.

How many calories are burned after ESG?

On average, you can expect to burn around 200-300 calories during an ESG workout. However, this number can vary depending on how intense your workout is, as well as your weight and fitness level. So, if you’re looking to burn some serious calories, make sure to put in some extra effort during your next ESG session!

How to reach Kedia MD for ESG from Frisco, TX

Frisco
Texas, USA

Get on Dallas North Tollway S from Parkwood Blvd
5 min (2.0 mi)

Head west on W Main St toward 5th St
79 ft

Turn left at the 1st cross street onto 5th St
0.3 mi

Continue onto Parkwood Blvd
1.0 mi

Turn right onto Stonebrook Pkwy
0.3 mi

Use the left lane to turn left onto Dallas Pkwy
0.2 mi

Use the left lane to take the ramp onto Dallas North Tollway S
Toll road
0.3 mi

Follow Dallas North Tollway S to Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge/Woodall Rodgers Fwy in Dallas. Take the I-35E S exit from Dallas North Tollway S
23 min (24.4 mi)

Merge with Dallas North Tollway S
Toll road
22.9 mi

Take the I-35E S exit
Toll road
0.5 mi

Keep left at the Y junction to continue toward Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge/Woodall Rodgers Fwy
0.5 mi

Keep right and merge onto Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge/Woodall Rodgers Fwy
0.5 mi

Take N Beckley Ave to your destination
6 min (2.1 mi)

Merge with Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge/Woodall Rodgers Fwy
0.5 mi

Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto N Beckley Ave (signs for Singleton Blvd)
1.4 mi

Turn right onto W Colorado Blvd
0.1 mi

Turn right
341 ft
Incisionless Weight Loss Surgery – Prashant Kedia
221 W Colorado Blvd, Dallas, TX 75208, United States

KediaMD: Best Doctor to Get Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty in Frisco, TX

Best Doctor to Get Endoscopic sleeve Gastroplasty in Frisco, TX
Best Doctor to Get Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty in Frisco, TX

Dr. Prashant Kedia is a highly specialized therapeutic endoscopist. He is the founder and the lead medical provider at KediaMD. He has performed over 3,000 successful endoscopic procedures, including endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty.

Dr. Kedia is the best doctor to treat endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty in Frisco, Texas. He has an excellent track record with many awards and achievements in his portfolio.

He has been practicing for many years and has performed some of the most innovative endoscopic procedures available.

Book an appointment with Dr. Kedia to learn more about endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty in Frisco, TX.



Want to know about Endoscopic sleeve Gastroplasty?











    Get in touch

    Contact us now

    Ready to schedule an appointment? Interested in more information about a particular treatment? Get in touch with Dr. Kedia today.


    EMERGENCY CONTACT

    Free call 24/7
    +214-941-6891



    Follow us

    Our Activity



    Best Doctor

    2016-2021



    Copyright by Prashant Kedia MD 2020. All rights reserved. | Sitemap

    This website is owned and managed by Prashant Kedia MD. Any information, offers or instruction as written, inferred or implied is the sole responsibility of Prashant Kedia MD and does not warrant claim or representation, inherent, or implied of DHAT, its subsidiaries or employees.